Super Green Beans on Toast, served with Tetley Green Tea
Menu inspiration provided by David Worthington, FSC BUFC.
“Matching this healthy twist on beans on toast with green tea appeals to the growing market of health concerned people looking to eat out with friends and family without adding extra inches to their waistline. This dish would satisfy morning gym goers looking for their mid-morning protein fix. The health properties of green tea have been well documented and its clean taste compliments the fresh sweet flavours of the herbs and legumes.”
- Oiled and grill sourdough bread sliced.
- Garden peas
- Edamame peas
- Broad beans
- Chopped mint
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Spring onion
- Salt and pepper
- Poached eggs
- Feta crumb
- Make the pea puree by bringing garden peas milk butter and salt to the boil in a saucepan and blending to a puree.
- Make the bean mix by mixing together garden peas, edamame beans, broad beans, mint, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, spring onion and salt and pepper.
- Poach the eggs until soft boiled and set aside.
- Lightly coat the sourdough in olive oil and place on a hot griddle turning until crisp.
- Spread pea puree on top of the grilled sourdough.
- Warm the bean mix in a microwave or saucepan and place on top of bread, the beans should stick to the puree.
- Reheat the poached egg in a pot of hot water and place on top of the beans
- Garnish with feta